Parasoft Development Testing Platform 5.1 includes smarter Process Intelligence Engine (PIE), new unit testing and code coverage workflow capabilities
Monrovia, CA — Parasoft announced today the release of Development Testing Platform (DTP) 5.1, which eliminates the business risk of faulty software by consistently applying software quality practices throughout the SDLC. The latest version of Parasoft Development Testing Platform Enables Advanced Defect Prevention allowing your testing efforts to evolve from automated to continuous. With seamless integration into any software development environment, you can observe and collect data from systems in the SDLC infrastructure, including open source and third-party testing tools.
Since its release in 2013, DTP has been revolutionizing the development process. In version 5.1, DTP continues to bridge the gap between business expectations and development activities with new and improved functionality for continuous testing, DevOps implementations, and Agile teams.
“Continuous Testing is key to any organizations adoption of Agile, this release of Parasoft DTP introduces deeper insight into the association between the business and technical risks of the software development process” – Mark Lambert, VP of Products for Parasoft
Parasoft Development Testing Platform Enables Advanced Defect Prevention
- Next Evolution of PIE: Parasoft’s award-winning Process Intelligence Engine enables the graphical creation and chaining of analytics to identify the business risks “hidden in the code”. As PIE identifies risk, it can be used to trigger workflows, either within or outside of the DTP ecosystem, and report on how they correlate to the rest of the code base through the centralized reporting interface.
- Advanced Workflows for Continuous Testing: Users can set the metadata associated with findings (e.g., risk/impact, priority, assignment) based on analytics implemented with PIE. Workflows can be applied on-demand, according to scheduled intervals, or in an event-based model, so developers can efficiently focus on the findings that are important to the business.
- New DTP Engines and Navigation for Unit Testing and Code Coverage: Parasoft’s next-generation code analysis engines and connectors for unit testing and code coverage allows users to capture and report test results and code coverage from any type of testing activity (including unit, functional, and manual tests).
- Enhanced Unit Testing Workflows and Exploration: DTP collects and centralize code-level unit, integration, and message layer test results, as well as provides an interface for navigating and exploring test and coverage data. This arms users with critical information for answering detailed code coverage questions, such as:
- Has the code been thoroughly tested?
- How has the code been tested?
- What parts of the code have test coverage?
- How many tests validate specific parts of the code base?
- New Widgets, Reports, and UI Enhancements: DTP 5.1 includes more out-of-the-box views of the data collected throughout the entire SDLC, including new coverage, unit, and functional test widgets and reports
Read the complete release notes at www.parasoft.com or visit www.parasoft.com.